Soldiers Word.




Bridges across you stand
Longing to take my hand
If only you knew wherein I lay
You could come tell me
what it was you have been wanting to say.

Come see me a midst this war
Make my weary soul feel at ease
Now wont you come my darling
Wont you come, sailing across with
the breeze?

Offer me salvation.
For they say love conquers all.
Fallen I have, but not in vain.
My love for you and our country
still stands tall.

Tell them off my love,
Let them know in death I faced
no fear
Tell them to defend my soul
Tell them not to shed a tear.

In my death here I lie,
Thinking of your sweet face.
No regrets, a smile I carry
Memories come, then go by in haze.

Come my darling.
Come across the bridges we built
Come sailing to find me in my last sight
Let time stand still
let the winds sing
Come find me, let me sail into the light.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts