Mumbai Meri Jaan....Finding my first friend.

                                                                                                             -Kaushal Mumbai StreetPhotography


The city of dreams. 

Like any other aspirant here I am trotting along the lanes of Mumbai, trying to make it big. Its funny how I suddenly miss the lanes I grew up in. Homesick already, I try to divert my mind by soaking it in the numbing rain that never seems to stop. Drops after drops, I'm drenched in the cries of my loneliness. But like always, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

There he was. My light. My savior. My first friend in Mumbai. Sheer coincidence for me to have found you at that medical store. Your innocent eyes looked into mine to reveal the starvation. The same starvation I've felt for the longest time now. And I knew in that moment we were meant to be. 

I still haven't figured out what to call you. The hyper, always jumping around, hungry soul. What do I call you? Even though I've fixed my date with you for every night at 11 right outside the medical store, I still am to figure out a name for you. You probably don't know my name as well. Isn't that the magic of fate? Serendipity?

So here I am dwelling in my sheets of loneliness. You my dear friend are my solace. You're my home away from home. You're my connecting dot to this new city which has greeted me with rains of joy and the winds of change. You're my first friend. I'm sure I'm not your first friend here. But I can't stop wondering if you remember me. Do you too wait for me there as eagerly as I do?

I wish I could think of a name for you and claim you to be mine. Nevertheless I'm going to there tonight. With a packet of biscuits, waiting for you to come jumping and wagging your tail. I wish you could understand what it means to me to have you by my side. But I guess you do too. For the streets are pretty lonely and you're spirit is new.

Here is to the new city, new life, new friends and missing the ones at home. Its going to be a hell of a ride. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts