Congratulations! Its a democracy.



Congratulations, Its a democracy!! Your baby is free and liberated. What would you like to name it?
INDIA.
As soon as the father declared the name, the nation was left orphaned. Not to worry, he left behind a great number of god fathers to look after his baby for only he knows how much he struggled. As the orphan opened its eyes to see the sky of freedom and taste the air of liberation, it knew it had lost a father. The melodies weeped the loss. But nobody knew it wasn't for the bygone but for what was to come.

I see everything. From up above here. I am truly ashamed. Everything I stood for and died for has gone in vain. My country, oh my dear beloved country, has become a nation of beasts. What happened? Where did we go wrong? Did I not do enough? Was freedom and liberation not the epitome of our wants and desires? 

I see everything. My child has grown up. But has it? Why has greed enveloped it over? What power is it that it seeks? War cry is heard at every doorstep. Some with the neighbors and others with well the neighbors. Every house suffers. A fight is seen. A fight silenced by the gunshots of the government. A fight silenced by the money of the rich. Once in a while it surprises me with an uprising. But what has come out of it?

I see everything. Rich getting richer. Poor getting poorer. Freedom has been attained but to what level? We won the war with the Britishers, but what about the war with our own? Enslaved we stand not even realizing the colonials to be our own. We are at war with each other, forgetting our similar roots. But what are we fighting for? 

I see everything. Woman being raped. Their intestines in the hands of the juvenile, Their insides lie on the roads of our country. Roads of shame. Their bodies hang at every second tree. Their burning pyre can be seen. Their eyes reflect terror. Their tongue's remain cut. Their sexuality is sold. Their skin is stripped naked in the middle of the market. Mothers killed alongside their daughters. Their criminals are justified and remain free. More free than the victims. The woman of our country, the daughters of our nation weep. They weep. And they weep.

I see everything. Everything and much more. I wish I could look away. But I am forced to see. Do my tears not reach my children? Do my actions not reflect back on how I visioned them to be? Does my name not instill any fear?  Any shame for what they have become? Where did I go wrong?

CONGRATULATIONS. Its a democracy! Or is it??

Comments

Popular Posts