Will Winter Last Forever?

                                  Will Winter Last Forever?

                                                                                          -Shipra Baduni


I sat alongside the window still
Gazing out beyond the hills
My eyes guarded to find the rainbow
But around me was only fog and chills

My eyes had a look of daze
Somehow the fog had me amazed
The chills that went down my spine
Were unable to disturb my gaze

I heard the nature call
I heard everything within and outside the walls
I heard the silence of the winds
I heard the bittering of trees tall

The fog has hidden every treasure within 
The nature to its power gave in
The sky never cleared
It was long since the light had been

A cold and dry day it was
The rainbows had become my lost cause
For the inside of me longed for some light
The grey and black of my life took over because

The dryness of the weather juxtaposed to my eyes
Where within the tears my secret lies
Overflowing with pain and darkness
My eyes i don't know why cries

The rainbows have become my past
Like the fog the grey of my life continue to last
The colours have disappeared 
The darkness on my life its shadow cast

But there's a hint of hope that still prevails
The chills in my spine with the wind sails
Will winter last forever? My heart asks
To nature my life hails.

Comments

Popular Posts