The Romantics.





Not all those who fall in love
are lonely.
Or are they?

Is that why we in our naked flesh
amalgamated in unison.
Without a scar, so perfectly?

Was it my shattering loneliness
Or your tragic solitude
That had us uniting in ecstasy?

Lets take a walk.
In our own selves to find
What we were to find without each other.

Lets silence our desires
and isolate our hearts.
What is it that you feel my lover?

What is it that I would have been,
If not the touch of your flesh,
If not the half of your soul.

What is it that I would have felt?
If not the burn of your fire,
The warmth of your body's whole?

Was it my loneliness
Or my addiction to company
That had me craving your embrace?

Or was it truly love
Deep passionate and raw.
That had my heart ablaze?

I had you in my dreams
I had you in my loneliness
I had you in my hollow nights.

I had you within me
The touch, the kiss.
You and me in our naked sight.

Not all those who fall
in love are lonely.
Or are they now?

I wouldn't know the pangs of
solitude for you my darling
have never shown me how.

So lets take a walk
with each other now
For in loneliness I cant dwell.

Lets free our devils.
Hold me till eternity.
Lets make a heaven of our lonely hell. 

Comments

Popular Posts