Once, Twice, Thrice.

I stood there watching you walk away
Called out your name once, twice, thrice
I stood there silently praying you would stay.
For all my sins, you were my price.

I stood there, drenched in my rain
Hoping you would turn back.
My prayers and shouts all in vain
Empty still was my adjoining rack.

You walked away and ahead
But a trail behind your steps you left.
Invited me to follow you
But entangled me in my own web.

My devastation lay ahead
Behind were my sorrows.
Shadows where I stood
Empty dark and hollow.

I followed your voice sweet
Like a nightingale guiding my soul
Into the darkness, from the darkness
Making me feel closer to a whole.

But the delirium lasted not long
Euphemism dripped from your every word
I followed you in blindness
Your sweet diabolic voice the only thing heard.

A Mephistophelian cackle
A satanic smile
My gallows hung ahead
Yet I followed you that mile.

To my wreckage you led
I called out your name once, twice, thrice.
My ruin you became
For all my sins, you were my price.

Comments

Popular Posts