With Love.

                



                     "Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything."

I am a firm believer of the magic the world hides within itself. Call me a romantic if you want to. It might seem a bit absurd given the tenebrosity of  the despondent world. But I still stand firm on my belief that the world is as magical as it is said to be. Why you ask me? Because I own a dog. It has made all the difference.
 
All the dog lovers out there would know what I mean. Nothing, nothing is more special than being loved by a dog. They would give everything they have to you without expecting anything in return. Their love unconditional. They would wag their tail endlessly while listening to you sing a horrible song. They would follow you around anywhere you would want to go. Dogs are the best companion to have. They work up their magic on you. They make you see things a little differently. 

My dog has taught me more than anybody in my life ever has. He taught me the meaning of true friendship. How no matter how tough it gets, never give up on people. No matter how evil someone might seem, never give up on them. Because no matter how much I scream at my dog, no matter how much I make him go away, he never gives up. He taught me the true meaning of loyalty. No matter how so much easier it may have seemed, or how so ever much tempting the bait might have been, he never left my side. He was always loyal to my cause, sometimes even when I was wrong. He taught me the true meaning of love. He always gave, without expecting anything in return. Unconditional, his love never hesitated. 

I remember the time he first came into our lives. Tiny as my fist, He seemed so brittle and petite. He seemed so weak. But that little ball of fur managed to light up the entire house. That little ball of fur managed to make our lives a lot better, a lot happier. We found ourselves to be smiling without cause. That little ball of fur took such an important place in our hearts that it seems impossible to think life without him. He made us all fall hopelessly in love with him. His hair all over the couch was not an issue. His barks not troublesome (even though he barked rarely. We initially though he was dumb). His drool when he wanted food not disgusting. Everything about him seemed wonderful. Why? Because he became a part of our family. His unconditional love had us all mesmerized. 

I still remember how he used to and still does, wait for us to return when we leave the house. He sits at the door, and jerks up at the slightest of footsteps. When we finally return, we get bombarded with his kisses and hugs. There are days when he knows. He just knows that something is wrong. Those days he just looks at me with such sadness in his eyes like he is trying to tell me "Its okay, I understand and I'm here for you". Those days are the ones when he doesn't leave my side. He wont eat until I have eaten. He would sleep on my feet, or just put his head on my lap with his ears all down. You might think I'm crazy, but he talks to me. In his own language. But he talks to me. He listens. When there is nobody else, he listens. Then he just comes and starts licking me as if trying to say "You're the best person. I love you". My dog sometimes gets scared in his dreams and starts barking. That's when I wake him up. Recently I realized, sometimes when I get horrible dreams and I scream, he jumps on me and puts his head on my chest as if trying to wake me up. If I ever scream out of pain, my dogs starts moaning and tries every remedy possible to make me feel better. From wagging his tail, to planting kisses all over my face, and sometimes biting my ear. There are so many things that  he does and I can honestly go and on about them but i would just run out of words.

My dog is my best friend. He ( I dont like referring to my dog as it because I take him to family) without doubt is the closest thing I have to love. He watches movies with me. He listens to me babble on about my dreams. He watches me cry and laugh, sometimes simultaneously. But he never judges. 

He, as I'm writing this down, is sleeping on my feet. He is the reason that I'm such a strong person. He gives me strength in the darkest of time. He makes me believe in magic even when I cant find even traces of it in my life. He makes me believe in humans. Because if animals can know of such a thing as love and loyalty, then I'm sure there are humans out there who might share similar knowledge. I am just writing it down to thank him in my own way. I just want the world to know of the wonder he is. I am so glad my sister went through a hunger strike so that this little ball of fur could enter our lives, not to forget via home delivery. I am eternally grateful for having him as a companion in my life. The world seems like a beautiful place when you look at me with your goofy eyes filled with nothing but love. I wish I could love the way you do. I wish everybody could love the way you do. The world would be magical again. 
I love you Dauphin.
Till eternity.

Comments

Popular Posts