Deceiving the world : Robin Williams

Never judge a book by its cover. Something we’ve often read or heard. Nothing is what it seems to be. Lately I’ve come to realize that it’s the truth. Nothing around us is the way it seems to be. No I’m not talking about having a different perspective on life. I’m talking about things, people, and emotions. All of these lie. Things lie, people lie, emotions lie. And we for one have forgotten to find the truth.
Robin Williams. If you require an introduction for him then your childhood has been very sad. He was such an inspiration and an amazingly talented actor.  He made millions laugh and cry. He made life seem like a better place. Somewhere down the line with his death died something inside me. I can’t figure out what. But since his death, there’s something missing inside me. I did not know him personally. But his death seems so personal that even though I have only connected with him through the screen, tears came rolling down when I heard of his death.
I have often heard people say, “Those who seem the most happy are often the most sad”.  Robin Williams gave this world what it required. His art made millions come out in solidarity and laugh together. His work touched millions of soul. I have in my most desperate moments of despondence often watched Flubber or Mrs Doubtfire and felt better. A man like him was pushed to such extremes that he decided to take his own life.
It’s sad how the world is so selfish. They would take all the happiness from you and in return give you nothing. Robin William was the man who made millions laugh but I find it hard to believe that out of those millions not one could return the favor. I find it extremely hard to believe that the guy who seemed so far away from sadness was indeed the one closest to it. It made me question so many things in life.

His death has perhaps been the saddest for me yet. I was recently surfing through televisions and found a promo for the Emmy awards. I looked at Robin Williams with a huge smile on his face making the audience laugh their socks off. I realized how deceiving a smile can be. That’s when I realized, people lie. Emotions lie. Smiles deceive. And it has been such a hurtful realization. Perhaps because in my most desperate moments I have deceived the world and I know how it feels from the inside to be going through a storm and on the outside making the world seem better for others. I’m sure a lot of us out there can relate to it. We know how selfish the world is and we’re trying to change that one person at a time. Robin Williams fought for laughter and succeeded. He was selfless and gave everything to the world. Maybe that’s why his death seemed like my death. With him something died inside me. Something that would never be the same again.  My captain. Oh my captain! You would be missed. I hope god cracked the Jew joke you always wanted him to. I hope you find laughter in heaven. And please tell god we need more of you on earth. You shall forever be remembered in our hearts.

Comments

Popular Posts