A Letter to self.

Dear me,
I know you've not been okay so no point asking how you are. I know things have been extremely shitty lately. They haven't really gone the way you had wanted them to. You're heartbroken, lonely, friendless, blah blah blah. I know all of that. I know exactly how you feel. And since no body else would take the pain of writing this down for you, well let me.
Things in life will never go the way you would want them to. People in this despondent world are trying really hard to survive. Like Darwin said "survival of the fittest." Its not really their fault that in process of trying to survive they become selfish, self centered and stomp all over you. So let those people be. You don't have to change yourself if you don't want to. But don't let them affect you. Atleast not to the extent that you sit and cry and wait for things to change. Well don't even get me started on heartbreaks. They suck. Majorly. But it's done. Whatever happened happened. Let it go. Its all in the past. Yes it sucks that it did not work out. Yes it sucks even more that he moved on while you haven't. The most pathetic part of it is probably that somewhere you still want to go back into the past and change it. But trust me that's what it is. Pathetic. You cant change people. How so ever much you want to. You cant even force people to love you. Some will some wont. It sucks that way but that's the truth in it. So move on. Value yourself enough to know you deserve better. Way better. There's no point in wasting time over people who don't even stop to think twice about you. Be it your best friends or a guy. Let no one define your worth. No one.
You really are the best thing to have happened to yourself. Love yourself. Know you are pretty. Both from the outside and the inside. Laugh like you did before. Because I know how much you miss laughing. So laugh. No body is going to stop you. Be the weird version of yourself that you always were. Crack stupid fart jokes. Cry while watching dog movies. Eat like the pig you know you are. Don't stop yourself from doing anything. Yes you've made mistakes. Big ones. And yes you've learned your lessons from life. But that doesn't mean you aren't eligible for more mistakes. It definitely doesnt mean you have to now live your life perfectly. Make more mistakes. Learn more. If you want make the same mistakes twice. Don't live your life scared.  Scared to trust the mail guy because he once lost your mail, or lose your faith in online shopping sites because they once delivered the wrong size. Have faith. Fall in love again and again and again till you find the one. Make friends and fight with them. But never stop believing in friendship. I know how much your friends mean to you. I know it all. All your insecurities, all your fears. I've experienced them first hand. But know even after all that you're one hell of a person. You are truly magic. You need that kind of magic to survive in this despondent world. So keep that magic alive. I know its hard for you. I know there are days when all you want is someone to hold you. But nobody is around. I know how hard it is for you to ask for help. But look within. You're one of the strongest people. Write. Because I know thats the only way you can ever really tell people how you're feeling. Dance. Because I know thats the only time you feel confident of yourself and truly happy. I know you miss your friends. I know you miss him. But most of all I know you miss your old self. Its not that easy to get that back. But realize that the old you has grown. It has become stronger and wiser. So believe in it. Have faith in it. And most of all love it. Embrace it. People would come and people would go. But you will always have you.
Never underestimate yourself. You are much more than what you can see. I know at times you feel worthless. But look through my crystal clear eyes. I know your worth and i know you deserve so much more. I also know you will do soo much more with your life, You have a lifetime left. Spend it well. Laugh, dance, sing, live, and most of all be happy. Whenever you find yourself lost and desperate for some love, you would find me writing a letter to you. Just look inside and call out.
Love
Me.

Comments

Popular Posts