MOUNTAINS CALLING !!





There is some unknown magic that surrounds mountains as a whole. Being from the mountains, they stopped fascinating me a long ago. But they have never failed to baffle me. I feel at home. Mountains for me have always been the cathedral where I preach my religion. The lessons they resonate in their mere presence astounds me. They taught me some of the most important lesson with the utmost vividness. There is something liberating about the paths. Once you overcome them, you feel this sense of exhilaration that runs through your entire body and soul. When mountains and men meet, there is magic that unfolds.

My recent trip to the mountains was my salvation. All that I was carrying around seemed to vanish once I reached the mountain top for there was nothing else that mattered at that very moment. The beauty that reached my naked eye was so profoundly mesmerizing that I forgot whatever burden it was that I had carried for so long. But this post is not about how I did that. This post is about the lessons the mountains taught me. These lessons have been dug so deep into my conscience that I can't seem to let go. So here it goes.

LESSON NUMBER 1- STAND FIRM.
While we were trekking through the mountains of Mcleodganj, my friend and I kept discussing the lessons to be learned. This one goes out to her.
Like the mountains never deter and stand firm on their ground, we too should learn to do the same. Come whatever, don't break down. People would walk over you, stomp over you, even pee over you. But you stand firm. Don't let anyone change that one quality about you. Storms may come, snow might cover you, but beneath all that layers you still remain who you are. So learn from the mountains and stand firm. Come whatever storm in your life; don't let it dictate the terms.

LESSON NUMBER 2- ALWAYS LOOK DOWN AND WALK.
For all those who love trekking or the ones who've at least trekked once in your lifetime would know this. While walking on the mountains look down at the path and walk. Don't keep your head up high or you might fall. Humility is the key lesson that I've learned. No matter what, always look down. Too much pride can cost you your life. Stay grounded in life. 

LESSON NUMBER 3-NEVER LOOK BACK.
What has happened has happened. You can't let it hold you back. While trekking, one of my friends almost slipped. We were all really shaken up. We sat down for a while and let the nausea pass. But after that we all stood up and continued our journey ahead, we never looked back. Whatever happened in the past has now long gone. It doesn't mean you look back upon it and let it affect your present. Keep walking forward. There is nothing more exhilarating that overcoming your past. Let it go. Leave it behind on the mountains. If anything mountains know how to keep a secret. Talk it out with them but then leave it behind and never look back.

LESSON NUMBER 4- ITS ALL WORTH IT.
Life is a lot like trekking on the mountains. It’s hard. It’s tiring. It’s draining, It throws obstacles in your way and makes it all the more tough to bear. But once you reach the mountain top, It’s all worth it. Every single sweat drop, every single obstacle, totally worth it. The view from above is much greater in the face of the obstacles in your way. I remember, once I reached the top, I screamed. I screamed out into the oblivion. I screamed out of happiness. I screamed for freedom. I screamed and that was the happiest I had been in a long time. All my life events eventually led me to that mountain top which taught me the most important lesson. It’s all worth it. Every single thing in your life is worth it. So live your life and enjoy the obstacles, because the view is astounding. 


Mountains have always held a special place in my heart. They spoke with me through a weird language of their own. They safeguarded me when I desperately needed it. They gave me memories to last a lifetime. They shared their path with me. They made me believe in magic again. And most of all they made me see the world. They put back life in me. There's a lot more you can learn from mountains if only you listen to what they have to say, and open your eyes to what they have to show to you. Mountains are truly magical. The breeze, the sunset, the stars, its all different when you're at the top. The people, the trees, the rocks, each have magical stories to tell if you would only listen. Sitting beneath the twinkling sky with the breeze blowing through my hair, I learned the most important lessons of my life. Mountains do call out to you. They called out and I had to go. Open your eyes and ears. When a mountain calls, pack your bags and get ready for magic to unfold.

Comments

Popular Posts