Story of a girl.

A girl live's to tell her tale
Of braveness and sorrow
A girl who doesn't fumble while saying
I have only till tomorrow

Her eyes speak the truth
The truth of her soul
There is a darkness that surrounds
Her body as a whole

She speaks without stuttering
Of the events that shaped her life
Of her relations with her own
As a daughter, a sister and a wife

Daughters are god's gift
A weak smile appears on her rigid face
She thinks of some memory perhaps
"I guess i was the exceptional case"

You can call me a rebel
I stood only for only and only my cause
Hint of remorse in form of tears come
And then there was a long pause.

You can call me a pity,
For I was rarely right
When you get empowered by the world
Your cause often looses sight

But a bad daughter?
I know not for I feared to ask.
Afraid of the answer,
So in my imaginary world I used to bask

Sisters have the same soul
Or so it is said
She finds it difficult to breathe now
Clutching tightly to the end of her bed

After what seemed like hours
She finally looked up at me
Something about her face seemed so eerie
Mesmerized by her darkness I let it be

Sisters are supposed to fight,she continued
And fights were my childhoods friend
It went on and on and on
Without ever coming to an end

But did I love my sister?
The fights sometime blinded my heart.
And it did hers too
With time we started to part

She liked others better than me
Found me embarrassing I suppose
I wasn't quite like the others
But how much i wanted to fit in, god knows.

She never picked me up from school
She never stood up for me
God knows I was different
So I let it be.

She never really talked to me
Never wiped my tears when i cried
She thought I was different afterall
But god knows I tried
 
A bad sister?
She wasn't a sister I would say
More like a person who stayed in the same house
A person who merely crossed my way.

She thought for a while
And smiled a little
Looked like a person
So petite and brittle

She continued with her story
Said a wife she became
Married a person
With money and fame

I constantly feared for him to leave
Felt insecure of his dreams
I was different afterall
In my sleep were only crippled screams

But I supported him to achieve his goal
His dream became mine
Gave him all I had
In return all I asked for was time

With childhood insecurities
And unresolved issues in my head
I never had a sound sleep
I was crippled in my own bed

He was there sometimes
But he never understood
He gave me money he gave me clothes
Said he'd give me the stars too if he could

It isn't that he did not love me
It isn't that he did not care
But i was different afterall
I was a little difficult to bear

He spent his nights in office
Came home very rare
I was different afterall
I was a little difficult to bear

Not a very difficult life
Not a very inspiring one
There wasn't much that i endured
But then there was soo much left to be done

I did not have a difficult life
Just a different one I would say
But today as i think of it
I would want to live one more day

I ignored what I could
Other things i forgave
The ones which i couldn't, I regret
For those times I wasn't brave

She had lost all the smile
Now went back to bed
I slowly walked out
With a strangeness in my head

It wasn't an extraordinary life
It wasnt too hard to live
Yes maybe a little different than others
But to the world, what did she give?

That's what struck me
As I walked out in my daze
You don't need an extraordinary life
To have the world amazed

The world to her cause wasn't very kind
But she found a way in the despondence
The world tried to tie her down
But she broke every fence.

Her story like yours or mine
Would be taken with her to her grave
A story with no epic heroes
Or a princess to save

But her story like yours or mine
Speaks of hope in despair
Braveness in sorrow, love in the darkness
Compels me to her story share.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts